“What’s the point in investing in high-quality makeup if you won’t invest in high-quality skincare?”
Like it or not, there are many factors that change the appearance of our skin, majority of which are out of our control.
With the weather being much hotter than what I’m used to back in Wales (yes, I know that’s not difficult), my skin definitely felt more dehydrated than usual. Due to the glorious Parisian sunshine and the aircon in the office, it was definitely time to update my skincare routine.
If there’s one thing Paris is renowned for, it’s there luxury skincare. It’s home to some of our favourite skincare brands- Clarins, Nuxe, La Roche Posay and Caudalie (to name a few). So to embrace the Parisian culture, I thought I’d inject a little luxury in to my skincare. I knew I needed to add a little hydration in to my routine, and discovering these 6 products was the best thing I’ve done.
- “I can’t be bothered’ a very common thought when it comes to taking off your makeup before bed, but it’s so important. My favourite is the Garnier SkinActive Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water, and with this product, there’s no need to scrub your stubborn waterproof makeup, it wipes away in seconds. I know far too many people that rely on makeup wipes as their only make-up remover/cleanser, who then continue to complain that they have bad skin.. Honestly, what do you expect?
- The L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask is a must if your skin is in need of a little TLC. The combination of Koalin, Montmorillonite and Ghassoul ensures that your skin is clear of impurities and left feeling unbelieveably soft, even after your first use.I tend to avoid thick face masks as they are usually too difficult and messy to remove, but after reading promising reviews, I had to put it to the test. As with any face mask, it feels tight and a little uncomfortable, but when washed away, the results are instantly obvious.
- By the end of this post, you may realise that I currently have an obsession with face masks, and one of my favourites is the Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. Sheet masks have been a huge trend in the skincare industry, and now Garnier have joined the game by introducing their hydrating mask. Thanks to the combination of pomegranate extract, hyaluronic acid and plant serum, within 15 minutes, your face is left revitalized and radiant, with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles reduced. For extra results, you can use the left-over serum before bed.
- As I said in the introduction to this post, I’ve embraced the Parisian culture and injected a little luxury in to my skincare routine with the Nuxe Creme Fraiche- 24HR Soothing and Moisturising cream. It’s light texture ensures your skin is hydrated, plumped and super soft. The only thing I’m a little unsure about is the smell, but once you see the results, you’ll soon get past that.
- Leading on from this, thanks to Paris’ incredible Pharmacies, I was fortunate enough to receive a full-sized Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche 24HR Soothing and Rehydrating Mask with my face cream. Rather than a sheet mask or a clay mask, this mas simply absorbs in to your skin after 20 minutes, leaving your skin incredibly fresh. I usually use this before bed and let it absorb over night, rather than have to wait for it to absorb before applying my make-up.
- I’ve read hundreds of blog posts all discussing the importance of including a serum in your skincare routine, so I thought I’d give it a try. I must admit, I was a little confused by all of the serums available, all claiming to do something similar, but after reading up their reviews, I decided to try the Caudalie Paris Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum. I had a Caudalie body massage at a local spa back home before moving to Paris and loved how suitable their products are even for the most sensitive of skin types, therefore knew that this brand would be a reliable choice.
This serum is super lightweight, and restores the skins moisture balance, and can be used alone or under your favourite face cream. I tend to use this as a base under my Nuxe cream to provide an extra layer of hydration and moisture.
Which skincare products do you swear by? Or have you recently added a new product to your routine that you love? Please let me know!